Re: No init found

On 11/24/2013 02:20 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
How does one pass an init= option to the kernel?
On the kernel line I placed init=3
Still the same  problem on these two kernels

init is process 1 on the booted system. Unless you have an executable named "3", this is not what you are looking for.

I suspect you want runlevel 3 which has nothing to do with the kernel. Just put "3" by itself on the kernel line and systemd will handle it. There's a name for that runlevel now as well but I don't know it off-hand.