Re: touchpad

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 11:49 PM, Samuel Sieb <samuel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/17/2013 08:22 PM, Richard Vickery wrote:
I need something a /little/ more technical than this. I had it working

on after the first install of Fedora; lost it through working with the
settings menu; tried to get it working with a technician on campus;
re-installed Fedora after messing up the system because of hard drive
encryption; and, where before the new install the touchpad was sending
data, not it is not.

Touchpads are generally foolproof for working.  The only suggestion I have is to check for a touchpad disable switch.  A little more detail would help as well.  Model of laptop?  Check your dmesg for any lines from psmouse or serio.
--
The computer is an Acer Travelmate X483-6691