Re: not enough space on disk to upgrade

On Nov 11, 2013, at 1:35 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't seem to be able to find a yum option to not download everything before installing anything. Thus, before upgrading has begun, yum has reduced freespace to 10%, and transaction check thinks it needs more than what was required before beginning to proceed with the upgrade. Freespace before trying to upgrade was 21%, which I would expect to change no more than nominally as a result of upgrading. Is there no such option?

Speaking of which, I'm not seeing a test that either confirms the system requirement minimum install space, if available, is sufficient; or that the resulting system can then be updated with the inevitably giant update a couple months after release. (Sorta why I seen no point in pushing anything but the netinstall image for actually installing Fedora, past 2 months.)

I suppose technically the minimum for installation does not also include the ability to update it, but I'd argue it's implied because then why else would you install it instead of just booting from Live media? So this is somewhere around minimum space required plus some number, maybe a  gig or two?

Chris Murphy