Re: not enough space on disk to upgrade

On 11/11/2013 12:35 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
I don't seem to be able to find a yum option to not download everything
before installing anything. Thus, before upgrading has begun, yum has
reduced freespace to 10%, and transaction check thinks it needs more
than what was required before beginning to proceed with the upgrade.
Freespace before trying to upgrade was 21%, which I would expect to
change no more than nominally as a result of upgrading. Is there no such
option?

What happens if you start the upgrade, then lose your network connection or for some other reason can't get all the packages? You have a good chance of not being able to boot your system after that.