Re: Heisenbug: Xfce vs MATE

On 05.10.2013 00:08, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX wrote:

> Xfce has the annoying habit of moving apps between panes.
> For example, I normally have Thunderbird in the leftmost panes,
> Firefox in the next, and Pan newsreader in the third.  If I click
> on a URL from Thunderbird or Pan Xfce moves Firefox on
> top of the other pane.  When finished looking at the web site
> I have to move Firefox back to its pane.  I have not figured out
> how to disable this most annoying feature.

Xfce Docs
http://docs.xfce.org/

Window Manager Tweaks
$ xfwm4-tweaks-settings
http://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfwm4/wmtweaks#focus

Xfconf-query
http://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfconf/xfconf-query
$ xfconf-query -c xfwm4 -p /general/activate_action
bring
$ xfconf-query -c xfwm4 -p /general/activate_action -s switch
$ xfconf-query -c xfwm4 -p /general/activate_action
switch

Settings Editor
$ xfce4-settings-editor
http://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-settings/editor