Re: Gnome 3.10: Network UI missing from new system status area

On 04.10.2013 07:54, moshe nahmias wrote:
I think that it must be possible to make the icon visible as an option. I use a cellular modem on my laptop and the easiest way to connect with it to the net is by clicking that icon... I guess that it's possible to connect from other places, but it won't be as easy.

Also when ohne has multiple wired-networking profiles configured, you have to go to the system settings in order to switch between them. I think users would expect to be able to do that from the system status area. And my opinion: I find this to be unnecessarily confusing. The system status area should show in what state the computer/device is, and in my opinion the ethernet cable status should definitely be part of the state (unless the device has no LAN adapter).

Sandro