Re: A different way of installing Fedora

On 09/25/2013 06:19 PM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX wrote:
Several of my machies have SATA hot swap ports.
These make it easy to use smaller drives as backup media.

When RC4 came out I installed it on a 4 TB drive using an
older E6550 machine.  At my leisure I added lots of apps
and libs that I normally use.

Then I slipped that drive in my omen.com server and changed
the boot order to boot that drive.  I changed hostname and
domainname, restored some of my control files, and omen.com
was back on the air relatively quickly.

I was fortunate this procedure worked as netinst was unable to
install RC4 while running on the server.

This "trick" depends on Fedora apparently being able to make modest
adjustments to the machine environment on boot up.

Is this a valid procedure?

I have done more or less the same thing a few times so far and has worked flawlessly every single time! So, I, personally, definitely call it a valid procedure!

Cheers.