Re: [Test-Announce] Announcing the release of Fedora 20 Alpha!

On 09/24/2013 08:22 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2013-09-24 19:51 (GMT-0700) Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX composed:

5GB *do* fit on a single DVD if it's DL. And, more

Would anyone waste a DL DVD on an alpha or beta iso?

to the point, they fit fine on a USB stick or in a VM, which we figure
is how most people test these days.

Why not use 7GB then?

Do RW DL DVDs exist? Why not 8 to match small USB sticks?

One ISO with Gnome, KDE, Xfce, Exim, Mingw and Wine?

Sure, why not make everyone who won't HTTP install download the sinks from every room in the house, garage, boat and motorhome just to get the one they actually need?
I mentioned 7GB to leave some room for future bloat.

Large ISOs are handy because they can be downloaded in the background,
then quickly installed from local media.  I suppose those on Red Hat's local
net might not appreciate that.

I install Fedora on a spare machine using PXEBOOT from a mirror on my 1GB ethernet:
 mirrors.kernel.org::fedora/development/20/x86_64/os
I update this often. Rsync makes the updating efficient and parsimonous of bandwith.
It would be nice if this rsync were kept completely up to date.

It would also nice if Anaconda could use the tree on the local machine

--
     Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf@xxxxxxxx   www.omen.com