Licensing? Was: Removing Optical Boot Requirement from F20 Alpha Release Requirements

On 09/19/2013 06:49 AM, Tim Flink wrote:
On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 05:26:03 -0400 (EDT)
Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  1) modify the alpha criterion so that it only requires optical
media to work if the isos are correctly sized

  2) require booting from optical media at beta when the isos are
  required to be properly sized

However, there's one corner case to consider. Due to some licensing
issues we still can't test UEFI in VMs. That means we can't really
test UEFI boot and installation of Live/DVD/netinst other than
burning it (or doing a USB conversion, but then we don't test the
vanilla ISO). If Live/netinst burning is broken for some reason
(other than being oversize, which is not very likely for these two
images), we might have troubles verifying that UEFI works. OTOH this
is a very unlikely situation to occur. I'm mentioning it for
completeness.
I know you mentioned it for completeness, just expanding on why I don't
think it's a huge issue.

Am I being dense, or missing something?
What "licensing issues"?

I have a new Intel "Haswell" (i5-4430/z87) achitecture machine and do both VM and bare-metal testing, is there something I should be aware of and add tot the testing procedures?