Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 20 Alpha Release Candidate 1 (RC1) Available Now!

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 18:17:38 -0700,
  Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX <caf@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
The net install is proceeding extremely slowly but so far without error on an E6550. At the rate it is proceeding it could take about 6 hours, somewhere between quadratic
and mole in granite :-)

It could be worse, it took three days to do an update of about 9600 packages with the rpms in a local mirror (on the machine being updated). yum was cpu bound and things seemed to get slower and slower for the update parts of the update process. The clean up went pretty fast (several hours).

I'm going to try dnf for my next yum upgrade and see how that compares.