Re: how do I tell what release yum upgrade will give me?

On 2013-07-29 21:54 (GMT-0700) Adam Williamson composed:

On Mon, 2013-07-29 at 23:56 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

I have one system running 19 last updated 3 months ago, after 19 branched.
Release and release-rawhide are both at 19-0.5. How can I tell what yum
upgrade would leave me with, whether 19 final or rawhide/20? Presumably,
because upgrade last was post-branch, upgrading would remove release-rawhide
leaving it on 19? What doc or web doc would answer this. Glancing at several
wiki pages covering Rawhide I saw nothing on this subject. IOW, what controls
going to branched, or staying on Rawhide? 20 branching is barely a week away.

Well, if it were me, I'd just run it and see what the list of builds to
be installed looks like. If it's full of fc19 builds, you're getting
F19. If it's full of fc20 builds, you're getting Rawhide. If the list
you see isn't the build you want, just say 'n' and then fiddle with the
fedora-release packages...

As expected, no fc20 packages were in the list. Maybe a better question might have been: how do those who want to keep a system on Rawhide instead of switching to branch after each branch occurs do it?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/