I'm seeing odd udev stuff in F20

I've been having sound issues for over a week. The sound devices are not visible to pulseaudio. At first they would be for a while and disappear, not I can't seem to get pulseaudio to see them ever. (I have have a motherboard sound chip and a USB headset.) I am also having an issue with the loopback module not being loaded by default. This breaks mounting iso images and the error message doesn't make one want to run modprobe loop (until after using google).

I don't know if this is a kernel issue, udev, pulseaudio or something else. I don't use the sound often enough to know immediately when it breaks, so I don't have a good idea which updates break things.

Something that may or may not be related is that kdm doesn't start up properly. I have to manually restart it after booting to get a gpaphical display. kdm has been acting up for a similar time span, so maybe there is some correlation. Once kdm is working it stays work until the next boot, so again I am not sure which update broke things. It may be a kde issue (since there have been kde updates), or it may be that something kdm expects isn't there early in the boot process.