Re: Adjusting basic video driver testcase for UEFI systems

On Jul 11, 2013, at 3:54 PM, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Interesting. At least on Apple hardware with UGA or GOP, nomodeset always gets me text only, X won't start.

I'm virtually certain (or 100% wrong and confused), that the UGA computer has always been text only with nomodeset; but that one of the GOP computers I'd get a lowres slow as sin basic graphics mode even with nomodeset, but only with DVD or netinstl, not gnome-shell.

But I just tried nomodeset on both GOP computers, with both live media and netinstl and I get the same errors previously reported, with text only install available. If I'm not confused, then I wonder if it's a newish GRUB issue and the proper supporting GOP mode isn't set before handoff to the kernel?

Chris Murphy