Re: can not use USB device to install fedora-19-x86-64-DVD

> I made a USB device, and could  boot up into the install application,
> but when to choose a device as install source , the sdb1 device, USB disk,
> verified to be not available , what is the reason ,
> how should i do and do I have to make DVD disk to install?

Here is one method that I use when it does not work to boot USB directly.
The method requires downloading a netinst.iso image (about 350 to 400MB)
and burning the netinst.iso image to a CD or DVD platter.
(Using a DVD tends to be somewhat faster, but is otherwise equivalent to CD.)

  1. livecd-iso-to-disk  Fedora-19-x86_64-DVD.iso  /dev/sdX1
         where /dev/sdX1 is the USB partition.
  2. Burn  Fedora-19-x86_64-netinst.iso  to a CD or DVD platter.
  3. Boot the netinst platter.
  4. Type <UpArrow> to highlight the "Install ..." option,
     then type <Tab> to display the actual kernel boot command line.
  5. Change from  "inst.stage2=hd:LABEL=Fedora\x2019\x20x86_64"
     change   to  "inst.stage2-hd:LABEL=LIVE"
  6. Type <Return>, which boots the Anaconda installer with the LIVE USB
     device as the Software Source.

You can also use PXE boot in a similar way to the netinst boot above.
Booting PXE does not require burning a platter, but does require some setup.