Re: screengrabber istanbul in F19

On 06/18/2013 02:30 PM, Ryan Lerch wrote:
On Tue 18 Jun 2013 05:48:50 AM EDT, Joachim Backes wrote:
Hi all testers,

I'm running the screen capture program istanbul in F19/gnome3, but I
don't see any istanbul icon on the screen, so I can't control it.

On the other hand, if using mate or gnome classical, the istanbul
icons appear in the notification area so I can manage the istanbul
program.

What I'm doing wrong?

Kind regards

Not sure if this is your issue, but in GNOME 3 all the tray icons are
placed in the message tray at the bottom on the screen. It can be
activated by moving the mouse to the bottom edge of the screen.

The instanbul applet should be in there.

regards,
ryanlerch

Hi ryanlerch,

I know that the applet should appear at the location you mentioned, but nothing appears at the screen's buttom, nor at the screen's button edges (if moving the mouse pointer to such a location)! Other notifications (for received thunderbird emails for example) appear definitely in the notification area.

Kind regards

Joachim Backes

--

Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat): Kernel-3.9.6-301.fc19.x86_64

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes