Re: F19 Installer a little better, but...

On 14/06/13 11:06, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Fri, 2013-06-14 at 10:57 +1200, Gavin Flower wrote:
On 14/06/13 10:43, Adam Williamson wrote:

On Fri, 2013-06-14 at 10:23 +1200, Gavin Flower wrote:

I think it would be a very good idea to be able to systematically
check, & change settings if necessary - so some way of it
systematically presenting the spokes would be good (in this aspect,
the old way was better).

I know I keep forgetting to set the correct tome zone!  Who lives in
New York? 'Everybody' I know lives in Auckland!  I think it would
probably be better _NOT_ to set a default time zone - joking aside,
most people do not live in New York.
Since Final TC1 or so, it now tries to pick the correct timezone by
geolocation. It seems pretty accurate from the results reported so far.
Well I am physically in Auckland, New Zealand - but I may have an IPv4
address associated with Christchurch, New Zealand (blame my ISP!).
Either way, I am definitely not in New York!

Possibly, people should be given an option to either confirm or to
change?
Are you actually testing with a Final TC, or with Beta? Is your network
coming up at the start of install?

You do have the option 'to either confirm or change', I mean, that's
what the spoke is for. If you don't go into the spoke, that's your own
problem. It makes a hub and spoke design pretty meaningless if we force
everyone to go into all the spokes.
I am using TC3, and my network is up.

If you forget to go into the spoke, it just takes the default.

You have to remember to check all the spokes.  If you had to go in to confirm, then it would be better.