Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 19 Final Test Compose 2 (TC2) Available Now!

Adam Williamson wrote:

> Guided partitioning (non-custom) does not destroy any existing
> partitions or data unless you explicitly request it. If you just
used
> 'Reclaim Space' you could choose to delete only whatever
partitions you
> don't need.

I don't have any unpartitioned space. I just over-write one of the
old Fedoras at install. I guess that's the same as what you are
suggesting. I have never tried it like this, so I will see about it
next time.

> It sounds like your strategy was to pre-create partitions
> for F19 in free space and then install to them using custom part

No. See above :)

> or use the 'Reclaim space' screen to delete only
> partitions you do not need.

I will give this a try sometime.

>> At this point, the screen goes blank (10% greyish) and nothing
>> happens, even after 10 minutes of waiting. Virtual desktop 1 has
>> some message about a "g" value not being set. Otherwise, there
>> isn't any sense I can make of it.
>
> Well, that's odd. I haven't seen anything like that. What image
did you
> use?

I used the netinstall image for x86_64. I don't recall which image
I had used when I had a similar experience during the alpha phase,
but it was not the netinstall. I recall having had problems, as I
had downloaded an image and it wouldn't fit onto a disc, so I had
to download a different one, etc.

> Just to mitigate the pain a bit, you can get delta ISOs for the
DVD
> images at https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/deltaisos/
(these
> vastly reduce the amount of data you have to download for DVD
images)

I already deleted the file and have trashed the disc. I guess I
should have waited :)

> you can re-use a USB stick for each test instead of burning a
new
> silver round disc-y thing (plus USB sticks work *much* faster
than
> optical disks).

I don't have one. I am interested in this method and would like to
learn how to do it. I don't know what kind of USB stick I would
need to buy, etc.

Just so there is no misunderstanding: I am not a pretester or
tester or whatever. I am a Fedora enthusiast who sometimes gets
over-enthusiastic and downloads test stuff that usually works out
well, but I realize that I should not actually be downloading this
stuff and should wait for the release :{)