Re: Fedora 19 TC2 - install grub using Anaconda on more than one disk

On Jun 7, 2013, at 4:45 PM, Mateusz Marzantowicz <mmarzantowicz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry for my ignorance, but why there is no such option (or if there is,
> how to do it).
>
> I have two hard drives (vda and vdb - this is in VM but I plan to
> migrate to bare metal later) that I'm trying to assemble RAID1 array
> from. To be able to boot when one of disks fails (in real hardware) I
> must have grub on each of hard drives. Previously I did it by hand from
> command line but why this feature couldn't be supported in GUI?

If the disk partition scheme is MBR, the GRUB core.img is embedded in the MBR gap for all members of the md raid volume.

If the disk partition scheme is GPT and you use Manual partitioning, you must manually create a BIOS Boot partition on each disk (or EFI System partition if UEFI firmware), and I don't know that this is really self-evident how to do. I've argued that like with the MBR gap, anaconda should just create what's needed.

Chris Murphy