Re: F19 Beta RC2: First log in - GNOME Welcome goes full screen

On 22.05.2013 01:21, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 22:54 +0200, Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:
>> Is it possible to disable this "feature"? It might be funny when you are
>> 10 years old, new Linux user and just gotten your first computer from
>> your parents. For all other cases it's ... ridiculous? After 10 new
>> accounts I'll have to contact psychotherapist. Besides, it scared me
>> because I had to wait about 5 secs. before video loaded and was
>> uncertain if my freshly installed box hanged with White Screen of
>> Death). What is most important - it is wasting users time.
> Are you in the account creation business ?

No, but I create at last one account for me (at home), up to five on VMs
and then about 10 at work (I need to do fresh installations). Then I
reinstall Fedora several times and not always it could be minimal
installation which I prefer. Watching this intro is really nice and
educational but only once. I'm not preparing for "How to use GNOME" contest.

> In any case, as others have pointed out, gnome-initial-setup won't run
> if the file ~/.config/gnome-initial-setup-done exists. the welcome video
> will only play if the file ~/.config/run-welcome-tour exists.
>
> All of this can easily be found out by looking at the
> gnome-initial-setup package - which is a leaf package and can be removed
> without any harm to your system.

Thanks, I'll finally learn how to prepare my own Fedora installation
image. It'd be more beneficial than watch "Welcome screen" again and
again and again.

Mateusz Marzantowicz