Re: Question regarding bug filing on gnome components

On Mon, 2013-04-29 at 10:27 -0700, Michael Knepher wrote:
> I'm running Fedora 19 alpha, and have a question on the most appropriate
> place to file bugs on gnome components like epiphany and gedit. Should I
> file in the Fedora bugzilla or directly to the Gnome bugzilla?

Hi Michael!

If you can tell that the bug is to do with the Fedora package and not
the upstream source, then definitely file it downstream.

If you're pretty sure the bug is present in the upstream source, you can
file it downstream or upstream. Johann strongly believes that we
'should' be able to file it downstream and the maintainers should handle
it from there, but from a practical perspective, I find that filing
upstream usually works best, if you don't mind the inconvenience.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey