Re: Updates for f19?

----- Original Message -----
> On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 12:46:29 -0500
> Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 10:59:10 -0600,
> >    Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > >What other items were you hoping for? :)
> >
> > Another odd area is things that were pulled in during the freeze.
> > They show up at the f19 stable updates page:
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F19/
> >
> > But for example find /home/fedora -name
> > kernel-3.9.0-0.rc6.git2.3.fc19 doesn't appear to be in any of the
> > repos. The stable updates repo is empty and the release repo has
> > kernel-3.9.0-0.rc5.git1.301.fc19.
> >
> > That one doesn't cause a problem for me because I use the
> > rawhide-nodebug repo even for f19, but it still seems odd.
>
> Its just cosmetic I think. Perhaps bodhi could be more clear about
> pre-release updates, but its:
>
> from f19 branch point to f19 alpha change freeze:
> - no bodhi.
> - updates build and go directly to the base repo every day like
>   rawhide.
> - updates and updates-testing repos are empty.
>
> from f19 alpha change freeze to alpha go:
> - bodhi is enabed
> - updates that meet the karma requirements AND are approved by QA as
>   fixing a blocker or FE are pushed stable. This means they go into the
>   base repo the next day in the next branched compose.
> - all other updates go to updates-testing when submitted.
> - updates testing has a bunch of stuff, updates is empy.
> - once alpha is go, all queued for stable updates are pushed which
>   means they show up in the next days branched compose.
>
> from f19 alpha to f19 beta freeze:
> - updates-testing has updates testing things.
> - updates that meet karma requirements are pushed stable and show up in
>   the next days branched compose.
> - updates repo is still completely empty.
>
> f19 beta freeze to final go:
> (same as alpha above, except that once final is a go, all remaining
> stable pending updates are pushed to the updates repo and become 0 day
> updates)
>
> I really need to redo the branched page like rawhide on the wiki with
> all this info. ;(

Branch Freeze Policy page got outdated with not following freeze from
branch time anymore, I marked it there but otherwise it's pretty nice
described there. I tried to add a few details regarding it to Change
Deadline page but it's also not a best place where to put it.

Are there any more places where we can put the info? Or create a new
one? As this is quite important part of release process and it's really
time to make it clear and correct. I'll take care of it - and I'm open
to any ideas how to make it usuable ;-).

Jaroslav