Re: TC2-64 Problems

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:37:36 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:

Tried several times to install something with the TC2 64 bit net install.
All failed with unknown errors shortly after making the file systems.

I then tried PXE install of today's rsync using Fedora 18 anaconda.
Attempts to install Gnome or Xfce failed.
In which way?

The loader got an unknown error when trying to install some package or other.
The only choice I tried that worked was the minimal desktop.
After installation I was able to install packages used for WSPR and Gnuradio
with the script below.  It is important to do this before any groupinstall.
Once I did a groupinstall of GNOME first and subsequently I couldn't install
the libs needed for WSPR, etc. because of multilib errors.

yum --nogpgcheck -y --skip-broken install gnuplot gifsicle giflib-devel ImageMagick-devel xfburn telnet-server xfce4-terminal xterm

yum --nogpgcheck -y --skip-broken install portaudio-devel libsamplerate-devel *python-imaging* hamlib-devel numpy-f2py gcc-gfortran svn git

yum --nogpgcheck -y --skip-broken install cmake boost-devel cppunit-devel fftw3-devel gsl-devel nasm yasm tiger* rss-glx* wine sphinx python-sphinx

yum --nogpgcheck -y --skip-broken install wxPython-devel python-cheetah PyOpenGL *qt4* *qt-4* tbb qwt-devel PyQwt PyQt-devel *swig*

yum --nogpgcheck -y --skip-broken install wxPython-devel python-lxml alsa-lib-devel texlive-dvips libXaw-devel ncurses-devel xscreensaver-extras

Afterwards I installed Xfce and groupinstall GNOME, which required --nogpgcheck GNOME works but does not show the Wine probram loader option on packages such as LadyHeather310.exe.

Anything I try to do with Wine fails silently, even wine->notepad

Flightgear runs under Noveau but looks much better with the Nvidia driver on my GT670.

--
     Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf@xxxxxxxx   www.omen.com