Re: Mesa 9.0.3 update

Adam,

Would it be possible to put mesa on a faster update cycle within Fedora? For example I find the kernel may get several updates during the lifetime of a release, but mesa will stay at the major release that was available. I found myself upgrading to F18 from F17 because I wanted some of the features found in mesa 9 that were not in mesa 8. And Fedora 19 already has mesa 9.1 available, but I expect that F18 will not get mesa 9.1. Since mesa has all the 3d drivers in it along with the kernel and libdrm, it makes sense to update it more rapidly as it is like updating the video driver on a windows machine. If the kernel was not being updated rapidly, I would not ask this, but since the kernel half of the drivers is being updated it makes since to do the other half too.

Kevin