Re: [rawhide] install method testing wanted

> If anyone has some time and is willing to help out, could you try to get
> a rawhide install by booting a f18 dvd/netinstall and trying to enable
> just the rawhide repo and disable the rest. Does anaconda even allow
> you to do this anymore these days? Does it work?

I booted Fedora-18-x86_64-DVD.iso full install DVD, clicked on Installation Source, then
chose "On the network" and typed in the URL
   http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/development/rawhide/x86_64/os
which I had to know beforehand.  No guidance was provided; there was no presentation
of choices for which repo (except for typing in the URL.)  The installer accepted,
went on its merry way, and completed without incident.

The resulting installed system failed to boot:
   error: file `/EFI/fedora/locale/en.mo.gz' not found
Checking via gparted LiveCD showed that the EFI System Partition was empty.
[This may have been rawhide's fault and not the installer's.]
After removing the partitions that were added by the installer,
then installing from the Fedora 18 DVD worked, and the result booted correctly.