Re: Proposal: "automatic blockers"

On 20/02/13 06:23 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
Hey, folks. So here's another proposal from an idea that was mentioned
during the F18 cycle.

There's a few types of blocker bug that are basically no-brainers; it
doesn't make a lot of sense to waste time in blocker meetings discussing
them, and more importantly, sometimes they show up and we want to
quickly accept them as blockers and get the fixes in, but we have to try
and track down three people to vote +1 before they can be accepted.

So I'm proposing we invent something called 'automatic blockers': a list
of bug types that can be declared AcceptedBlocker by any single person
in QA, releng or devel. That decision could of course be challenged and
changed if needed.

The initial feedback on this was broadly positive, but viking's first
response indicated it wasn't clear enough about how strict the
requirements are, and Andre suggested an additional type. Andre also
made the sensible suggestion that we could add a corresponding
'automatic freezeexception' procedure.

As discussed and agreed at the QA meeting yesterday, I've gone ahead and put the second draft of this change into 'production':

https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=QA%3ASOP_blocker_bug_process&diff=324657&oldid=323618
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=QA%3ASOP_freeze_exception_bug_process&diff=324660&oldid=320231

Thanks for the feedback folks!
--