Re: rawhide report: 20130224 changes

On Mon, 2013-02-25 at 11:30 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> > > As that one blocks dozens of GNOME related updates, has anyone been brave
> > > enough to use --skip-broken and apply a partial GNOME Update to 3.7.90?
> >
> > Isn't it dead in rawhide now? I would have thought the packages it blocks
> > are either dead too or need to be rebuilt without gnome-panel support. It
> > shouldn't impact standard gnome-shell package set.
>
> Oh! Nothing obsoletes it. End of yum update:

As Peter says, it's dead now, being replaced by 'Classic Mode' - I'm
guessing if the 'classic mode' extensions are introduced as new
packages, they'll obsolete gnome-panel. Or if not, gnome-shell should.
For now I just 'yum remove'd it to get the update through, with no ill
effects, but we should check with Desktop team that someone's got this
on a todo list.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey