Re: No "19" yet in Bugzilla version field

On 07/02/13 10:03 PM, John Reiser wrote:
Is there magic for bugs against 18 that are also bugs in 19 once branch happens?

I have participated in several bugzilla reports of this kind (bug in Fedora N
remains unfixed as Fedora N+1 appears with "new" package) but I have not seen
any "magic".  The original reporter, or some person with elevated privileges,
must change the Version manually (and please Comment that the same bug persists.)
A random user on the CC: list cannot change the Version, but s/he can clone
the bug into a new bug, and set the Version on the cloned report.  Such cloning
usually is discouraged unless it is known that separate fixing efforts
will be conducted, or when peculiarities of Fedora N+1 actually create
a different situation.  Therefore, I use a Comment to request that the
original reporter change the Version.

I believe that at branch point we run a script which converts all 'rawhide' bugs not marked as RFEs (in one of a few ways) to be against the branched version. You're probably thinking of the EOL process: obviously we don't automatically move those bugs forward, as that would defeat the object.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey