Re: Proposal: retire proventesters and bugzappers onboarding processes harder, create new QA onboarding process

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:38 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey folks! Here's another thing that's been on my todo list for a while.
>
> So we still get proventester and bugzapper membership requests
> regularly, and poor old dr johnson and to a small degree myself
> laboriously go around telling people 'hi, thanks for joining, but that
> cake was a lie! please come eat this other delicious cake instead'. It's
> kinda silly.

Every time I see a membership request I am reminded that I kind of
pushed dr johnson into taking on that responsibility, he didn't
volunteer. I belatedly apologize to brother johnson for that.

> I can draft up the specific changes later, but does this broad outline
> sound reasonable to everyone?

Sounds reasonable to me +1
Speaking only in regard to the bugzappers, a change like this has been
long overdue. People join the bugzappers without mentor-ship or
guidance (beyond the wiki info). That is un-fair to the people that
join as well as the project itself.

> Any concerns or alternative proposals?
My only concern would be people losing their voting privileges, as
long as that doesn't happen I am on board.

tk009