Re: Fedora 18 no go on Pentium III

2013/1/15 Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R <caf@xxxxxxxx>
I have been unable to install 32 bit Fedora 18 RC4 on an Abit VH6.
The Pentium III is the fourth CPU in the "686" series.
The machine has 1.5G ram and runs a number of op systems.
It loads and runs Fedora 16, SCO Unix, etc..

A Spherical Cow DVD install never gets past checking the DVD.
A pxeboot install insists on reading the DVD.
The exact same 32b pxeboot install works fine on a 64 bit machine.

Seems to be a problem specific to that system. I'm running f18 on thinkpad x40 which definitely is not an P4. (probably Centrino/ P3 1.2 GHz).