Re: Frequent evolution crashes anyone?

Hi Adam, folks,

On 7 January 2013 14:37, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2013-01-06 at 20:57 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:

<snip>

Ankur, as I replied to Chris, I do it crash occasionally, but doesn't
sound like anything as frequent as yours. Though one type of bug I run
into every so often with Evo is that it will crash every time I select
some specific mail that it obviously has trouble parsing. It's usually
pretty obvious when that's going on, and I just use some other client to
read and then delete or move that mail, so Evo doesn't choke on it
again.

Unfortunately, it's crashing way to frequently for me. If you look at abrt's report on bugzilla, you'll find 4 recent comments from my system. I'm replying from the gmail web interface because evolution would crash every time I hit reply in it. I don't think it's a specific email. It's crashing whenever I try to do anything.

I'm using:

- Gmail set up using online accounts, so should be IMAP. Calendars, address books also set up.
- A windows live mail account also using IMAP

I've been using this throughout F17 and it was perfectly okay a few days ago. My system is up to date with updates-testing:

[ankur@dhcppc1  ~]$ rpm -qa | egrep evolution
evolution-data-server-3.6.2-3.fc18.x86_64
evolution-help-3.6.2-3.fc18.noarch
evolution-mapi-3.6.2-1.fc18.x86_64
evolution-3.6.2-3.fc18.x86_64
evolution-ews-3.6.1-1.fc18.x86_64
[ankur@dhcppc1  ~]$

There isn't an update for evolution-ews available: