Re: F18 empty lshw-gui window

On 01/01/2013 11:45 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
That's the way it works here too, same as with the menu item, but it
certainly seems a behavioral bug, and why I asked here. The busy cursor
runs more than 20 seconds after the initial window is fully painted. By
that time a normal human would expect it to have auto-populated instead
of needing to _re_fresh it.

When I run it, I immediately get the authentication prompt. Once I enter that, I immediately get the main window ready to go. When I press refresh, it takes a few seconds to scan, but it shows progress and is quite quick. I agree that it's strange that it doesn't do the scan immediately, since there isn't anything else you can do with it until you do.