Re: sshd and LiveCDs

On 12/21/2012 02:13 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
I don't normally install from LiveCDs but I did so today to get KDE without GNOME.  I was surprised to find that when all was installed that sshd service was disabled.  Does anyone know the logic behind that choice?

Each spin sig decides on their own which services they want enabled on their spin.

That said perhaps because majority of desktop users dont even know what sshd is and leaving it on leaves them open to brute force attacks on a system that does not inform them when that happens.

Administrators can always turn this on.

JBG