Re: Schedule, test days, and freeze

----- Original Message -----
> On Fri, 2012-12-07 at 15:30 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > So, this:
> > <http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2012-December/001004.html>
> >
> > says the final change deadline is 2012-12-11 and it agrees with
> > <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/18/Schedule?rd=Releases/18.>
> >
> > The Test Days schedule
> > <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Fedora_18_test_days>
> > however, says it's a week later, December 18th.
>
> The Test Day schedule is usually going to be incorrect if there's any
> disagreement. It's updated by anyone involved with test days who
> remembers to do it, while the announcement is obviously Official, as
> is
> the wiki schedule and the one in jreznik's fp space (SO MANY
> SCHEDULES)

F18 Test Days schedules were hit very hard by all that changes we did
to release it :( In the beginning we were not ready to really begin Test
Days, later - we added a lot of Test Days

For F19 what I'd like to do is to ask teams to check the schedule (the
big one) and we really should simplify it a lot (and get it to sync
with current release process). As FESCo wants to schedule F19 after
submission deadline - we have some time to do it.

> > The Network Test Week is in between, including testing of Gigantic
> > Dangerous
> > Change of Firewalld.
> >
> > How is this supposed to work?
>
> I don't think FESCo considered the test day schedule at all in
> deciding
> to move up the freeze date. To be fair, those of us QA folks who were
> at
> the FESCo meeting completely forgot it might be an issue and didn't
> mention it when asked about QA concerns about moving the freeze :(
> Sorry
> about that.

I'd even say - schedule such important test day so short time before
previously planned change deadline was a mistake. But I wasn't aware of
it, other bullet to my "check items", sorry I missed this. As I said,
F18 is hard one and you can see a lot of people saying - we do not need
schedule, I'm now more inclined to - we really need it - not a a strict
requirement but as guideline for inter-teams communication.

So let's do the Test Days, even there's the change deadline conflict
and we should make sure the real non-0-day suitable bugs will land as
NTH.

Jaroslav