manual disk configuration problems

What I'm trying to do: put F18 Beta on two drives
I want the first 250 GB drive to have /boot /swap and /
I want the second 2 TB drive to have /home
I'm making /boot ext2 and all the other partitions ext4 (I haven't kept up with all the new filing systems, so maybe this is too backwards looking - I'm open to suggestions)

But, filing systems is not my problem
When I tried to do manual partitioning through the installation process, the screen kept freezing on me - it was random, but only happening in the manual partitioning pages; the mouse would still move the arrow, but all selections would become non-responsive - I had previously been able to successfully manually partition a single drive with the same DVD install disk, but, I tried making a new one In between, I popped in a gparted disk and started it up and used it to partition my drives the way I wanted Now, back in F18 anaconda manual partitioning pages with a new DVD install disk, I've selected each of the partitions, given them their correct mount points, and selected reformatting - however, pressing apply doesn't appear to do anything, and if I press continue, I get an error message saying it can't check the storage configuration. Going back into the configuration pages it first produces the message saying there isn't enough space. It seems like the reformat command isn't 'taking' - am I leaving out the obvious?
--
Claude Jones Brunswick, MD, USA