Re: Problems installing Fedora 18 Beta

On 05.12.2012 17:33, Lawrence Graves wrote:
I am having problems with the installing of Fedora 18 Beta on my PC. I have it install from an earlier version namely Fedora 18 Beta TC9. I am trying to do a fresh install with the lastest release Fedora Beta RC1. When I get to the part to select the drive I want to install Fedora 18 on it simply will not allow me. I can't understand this problem. Would you please advise me as to what might be causing this problem.
--
All things are workable but don't all things work. Prov. 3:5 & 6

So you have a previous Fedora 18 version installed already? Now you must manually reclaim all disk space used by this installation and assign "mount points" to new partitions being very cautious because it's a mine field.

I found zeroing MBR in my virtual machines much easier than playing with anaconda. But there might be some cases where you don't want to lose all your existing data. If you have dedicated disk just zero MBR and make anaconda think it's fresh empty disk.

Mateusz Marzantowicz