Re: Blocker Bug Voting and Conversation

> > There is one important drawback, and that is the necessity to be
> > subscribed to the list.
>
> I think this is an interesting idea, but aside from the drawbacks
> someone else noted (blocker voting is not QA-only), I see another:
> our
> current mailing list archive kinda sucks and is a pain to read a long
> thread on. If we get the shiny new one Mo is designing this might
> become
> a moot point, but right now I'd rather read even a messy bugzilla
> report
> than a long ML thread via our mail archives.

As I found out today, this mailing list allowed non-subscribed people to post (and it broke today). Nevertheless, that would eliminate the drawback, allowing even non-list members to join the discussion.

I still agree the archives are painful to use (word-wrapping of long lines should be fixed soon however), but I think I see it as less painful than bugzilla discussion. But the difference is very small indeed.