Re: Sorted Blocker Display

----- Original Message -----

> On 12/04/2012 11:27 PM, Tim Flink wrote:
>

> We still have quite a few proposed blockers for F18 final and could
> use
> some more votes in bug. Instead of sending out email after email of
> bugs that could use voting or testing, I wrote some code to help me
> keep track of the bug states and display a reasonably up-to-date list
> of the bugs.
> http://tflink.fedorapeople.org/blockerbugs/sorted/sortedBlockers.html
> I know it's ugly, isn't awesome at detecting votes in-bug and has
> issues with non-ascii characters but IMHO, it works for now. I don't
> want to put too much effort into the code behind this because I hope
> we
> won't need it for long but I'll probably make some small improvements
> before F18 final is released.

> For the first I'm not so sure we should be pushing people into voting
> in bugs is a great idea since we are interrupting communication
> between the reporter(s) and the maintainer(s)

I'm somewhere in the middle - yes, it floods Bugzilla but on the other
hand it's also communication between reporter (in many cases reporter
sets blocker proposal) and maintainers (it's really valuable to know
what they think if it's blocker or not - and we should propagate this
role) and QA. And everything is in place, well documented.

> In the end it will not save anytime since we *still* need to visit
> the bug during the meeting for example if anyone attending the
> meetings or wants to change his vote ( unless ofcourse you want to
> create more bz spam ) that said how are you defining clear +/- 1?

If it's raised on blocker bug meeting for more discussion, I'm ok with
that and I don't see any problem. But for many bugs it could make the
difference. And if we change vote on the meeting? Well, the latest
comment with right explanation is the only valid.

> For example the first bug in that list is not a blocker ( from my pov
> and few other that have voted on that one )

The clear +1/-1 categorization is probably not the best although...

Jaroslav