Re: Has anyone seen sudden black screen after setting root password during install?

I have this one system (that is now, alas, in productive use) where I
could reproduce this two or three times before finding a "workaround".
To actually force the issue, it seems, I had to set the password ASAP.
Once the install screen shows up, press the button, set the password,
BAM. If the screen shows up and I waited a while, it worked. But I've
never had the time to narrow it time to how much time actually seems
necessary.

I tend to think anaconda is using cracklib from the installed system
and if you're trying to set the password before that is installed it
crashes. But that's a very wild guess :)