Re: how to update CommonBugs

On Mon, 2012-11-26 at 08:23 -0500, Kamil Paral wrote:
> I don't see any guidelines about updating this page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F18_bugs

There's some stuff as comments in the page source, and otherwise you
mostly just follow what's already there and/or in previous release pages
(F17_bugs, F16_bugs etc).

> I wonder, should I remove already resolved issues from the list, even
> though Beta will be public only tomorrow? Or should I remove it at all
> (because some people will still try to install Alpha even though Beta
> will have been published)?

I would usually remove Alpha issues that are resolved in Beta today,
yes. This is mentioned in the box at the top:

"Fedora 18 has not yet been released. During this pre-release period,
this page will cover known issues in the Fedora 18 pre-releases. Issues
that are fixed will be removed from the page once a fix is available
(for instance, an issue that affects the Beta but is fixed in the final
release will be removed at the time of that release)."

> The best solution I currently see would be to put a sentence like
> "This problem has been resolved in Fedora 18 Beta" in green text in
> every relevant paragraph. Also push the resolved issues to the bottom
> of the list. I'm going to do that. If you have better ideas, let us
> all know, thanks.

The above is what I've done ever since I kind of took over the pages,
and no-one's complained yet. :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey