yum groupinstall mate-desktop doesn't work as expected

I want to try using Mate in rawhide and there is a comps group for mate, but when I do yum groupinstall mate-desktop I get:
Warning: Group gnome-desktop does not have any packages to install.

But there should be a number of packages needed for mate.

The comps entry looks similar to that for Gnome.

For a work around I'll just install the packages one off, but I am curious why the groupinstall doesn't work.