Re: So Many Smoke Builds, So Little Time ...

On Tue, 2012-11-20 at 09:19 -0700, Tim Flink wrote:
> I neglected to send out an email about this yesterday but there have
> been several smoke builds over the last day or so that have stuff we'd
> like to get tested. I'll list the builds here and describe the changes.
> Unless you hit problems with any of them, I'd suggest going straight
> for smoke22 as it has all of the changes we're currently interested in.
>
> We'll probably have smoke23 (and hopefully RC1) later today when we get
> the next anaconda build but until then, let's keep plugging away at
> the test cases.
>
> Thanks for testing!

Just as a reminder - as I think it may be less-known to the list than to
IRC dwellers - smoketest builds are pre-TCs, effectively: the point is
to check new builds of very build-sensitive components (anaconda, lorax,
that kinda stuff) to make sure they're not completely broken before we
use them in a TC/RC. We used to do this kind of thing on an ad hoc
basis, Tim is making it more organized this cycle. We don't need anyone
to do particularly extensive testing on smoketest builds - the main
point is 'does it basically boot and work'. Sometimes, if one of the
builds in the smoketest was to fix a specific issue, the smoketest can
be used to check if that issue was fixed.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey