Re: post install very slooow

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:12:52AM -0800, John Wendel wrote:
> >I understand you just wanted to rant, but I figured you should
> >know that the costs of maintaining them in sqlite was significant,
> >in bdb was mystical and in anything else was simply a dependency
> >nightmare.
> Want a lightweight, really fast, no dependency database? Take a look
> at Tokyo cabinet, it's killer. Of course, if you find bdb
> "mystical", it might not be your thing.

I'm not sure if you're misreading that intentionally, but to give the
benefit of the doubt: Seth said that *maintaining* the information in BDB
was mystical, not that BDB itself was. So, in turn, it isn't that Tokyo
Cabinet might not be _his_ thing, but that it might not be _the right thing
for yum_.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>