Re: remove test case: Install Image Boot Local

> On Thu, 2012-11-01 at 10:21 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > For the last week I have been updating our test cases, improving
> > the descriptions. I would also like to make sure we don't spend
> > our resources on unimportant tasks. That's why I propose we remove
> > this test case:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Install_Image_Boot_Local
> >
> > Currently it is marked as Alpha in our installation matrix [1].
> > That has no ground in our Release Criteria [2], I haven't found a
> > single criterion related to this test case. If nothing else, this
> > would be Final, because it is not important at all - even if the
> > menu option is broken, you can always boot from local drive by
> > changing your boot order in BIOS or simply unplugging the install
> > media.
> >
> > But I believe we should remove it completely from our matrices. If
> > there is an issue with "Boot from local drive" menu item, we will
> > of course try to fix it. But we shouldn't spend time testing this
> > over and over again for every development compose we create. This
> > is really unimportant functionality. We have to be smart about
> > spending our energy [3].
>
> I don't really mind, but it's not like it takes much energy to test.
> usually use that boot option all the time anyway, so I just mark it
> as
> PASS when I remember to.
>
> Definitely mark it as optional (i.e., don't mark it), but I don't
> mind
> whether we take it out entirely or leave it in.

I expect I'll propose more test cases for deletion for the same reason, so I was a bit ahead of time. This one doesn't really require much time to test, right.

I was considering whether the optional category is useful at all. But afterwards I decided to do one step at a time. So I've marked this test case as optional now, and once we accumulate enough optional tests/I finish the test cases review, we can then discuss what to do with them.