Re: F18 Criterions/Testcases interconnection

> Beta is done
> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jskladan/Sandbox:F18_Criteria_Testcases_Beta>,
> some issues I've come around:
>
> --------------------------
> 5. The installer must be able to use the HTTP, FTP and either NFS or
> NFSISO remote package source options
>     - The testcase
>     <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_install_repository_NFS_variation
>     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_install_repository_NFSISO_variation>
>     is marked as Final

Since only one of them has to work for Beta, we could mark both of them as Beta/Final.

> 6. It must be possible to install by booting the installation kernel
> directly, including via PXE, and correctly specifying a remote
> source for the installer itself, using whichever protocols are
> required to work for package retrieval at the current phase (Alpha,
> Beta, Final). This must work if the remote source is not a complete
> repository but contains only the files necessary for the installer
> itself to run.
>     -
>     <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Boot_Methods_Pxeboot>
>     Marked as Alpha

> 9.  The installer must be able to complete an installation using
> automatic partitioning to a validly-formatted disk with sufficient
> empty space, using the empty space and installing a bootloader but
> leaving the pre-existing partitions and data untouched
>     - Testcases as #12 Alpha criterion
>     - Testcases do not mention that pre-existing partitions must be
>     untouched
>
> 16. When booting a system installed without a graphical environment,
> or when using a correct configuration setting to cause an installed
> system to boot in non-graphical mode, the system should provide a
> working login prompt without any unintended user intervention when
> boot is complete, and all virtual consoles intended to provide a
> working login prompt should do so
>     - This is exactly the same as #19 Aplha criterion, maybe we'd
>     like to leave it just Alpha or Beta

No, this is a game of "spot five differences" :-) At least one versus all virtual consoles. This can be part of the same test case, marked as Alpha/Beta

> 23.  All release-blocking desktops' offered mechanisms (if any) for
> shutting down, logging out and rebooting must work
>     - IMHO no testcase covers this

Same as in Alpha feedback:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_desktop_login