Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 18 Beta Test Compose 2 (TC2) Available Now!

On Friday 05 October 2012 17:44:48 Jurgen Kramer wrote:
> Done!

I don't think the missing ifconfig (as stated in your bz comment) is a bug.
Those tools are deprecated for eons and if it's finally possible to not install
them by default, I think that's fine. Other distributions already managed to do
this some time ago. Use the ip command from the iproute2 package.

That said, giving up a habit is not always as easy as one wants it to be (I
regularly use the net-tools stuff myself when available), so the net-tools
package will probably stay with us for another few eons.

The network breakage on your VM doesn't seem related to the missing net-tools
package. I just installed a fresh F18 VM from TC2 netinstall media and network
connectivity is just fine.

Lars