Re: Fedora 18 Beta Test Compose 1 (TC1) Available Now!

On 10/05/2012 01:37 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
No the one in the installer is usually more useful than the one in
Firstboot. There is still a lot of buggy hardware out there where the
clock in the bios is crap. This can lead to the installed system
having files installed in the year 1900, 1960, 2100, or some similar
weird thing. Let us say administering such a system later is a pain in
the but. The worst is that if you go into the BIOS.. you think you
have the right time.. and you don't know it until the installer asks
you if the time Jan 01, 1900 is the correct one for your system.

I assume this is an extremely old hardware that does this ( +5 years which we may not official support anyway )?

JBG