Re: Upstream first? [Was: Re: The future of how to debug pages]

On 09/26/2012 10:45 AM, Karel Volný wrote:
Dne St 26. září 2012 10:37:54, Jan Pazdziora napsal(a):
>(they have accounts in the upstream bug tracking systems).
just a note, this is very valid point

Indeed but will never come to be unless it will be made mandatory for packagers , pack of the review process and each package that has been orphaned will need to undergo the review process again to ensure verify that the new maintainer actually has an account in the upstream bug tracking system.

I've given up reporting many problems just because of the initial
barrier - to find the upstream way of handling bugs (not every
project has its bugzilla.example.com site), and to register; some
projects even do not allow free registration

That would be solved the same way the as is being proposed that is done for the how to debug documents as in we would just have a wiki page that contains a list of components and points to their upstream bug tracker.

JBG