Re: Anaconda exception handling testing

On Mon, 2012-09-17 at 10:47 -0600, Tim Flink wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 18:36:21 +0200
> Vratislav Podzimek <vpodzime@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > The underlaying code raises an exception in a separate thread and
> > with a stack containing non-ascii characters (worst case scenario
> > designed from the bugs in exception handling seen so far). It also
> > produces a unique stack trace so that new bug is filed every time
> > exception handling and bug reporting in anaconda is tested.
>
> Isn't that going to greatly increase the number of bugs filed against
> anaconda and work against the duplicate detection in ABRT/libreport? I
> didn't think that there were that many problems with improperly detected
> duplicates.
This is up to you, guys. Summary of such bugs will state: "NOTABUG:
testing exception handling" and if not you, we will definitely close
such bugs instantly.
Problem is that there were bugs, that could have been hit only when new
bugreport have been created. Marking as duplicate doesn't test adding
attachments and so on.

> > These changes apply to the next build of anaconda (IIRC
> > anaconda-18.9-1).
>
> Any guesses on when that build will be ready?
I think it will be ready soon, probably this week.

--
Vratislav Podzimek