Re: Proposed release criteria and test case adjustments relating to artwork and self-identification

On 08/28/2012 09:29 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:

Sorry for the essay, hope it all makes sense! Comments, suggestions, improvements, complaints welcome.

"Design team considers KDE SIG responsible for that, it's not part of the 'official' artwork stuff. So basically, we're down to bootloaders and the desktop background, when it comes to 'artwork'."

Hmm looks like the design team has forgotten it exist to service the community in whole and one would think that any artwork that is on any spin that gets handed out at various etc.. should/would contain *official* artwork.

In any case I think we should just decide instead that each *DE default artwork should be used up to final ( which makes it deviate from what's in the GA releases ) which should give the design team more than enough time to finish their artwork and us to essentially focus on what is written in "/etc/os-release" since that's what everything ( Anaconda+Plymouth+*DM/*DE if it exposes it + Console ) ought to be using these days and not causing us to slip due to some *missing* artwork which I personally consider non trivial up to final.

JBG