Re: First experience with F18-ALPHA-TC1

On 8/13/12 10:33 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:

It is a test compose of the Alpha. Alpha comes before Beta which comes
before Final. For each of Alpha, Beta and Final, we do test composes and
then release candidates. The first test compose of the Alpha is by
definition the earliest and most likely-to-be-broken non-automated
compose we ever create for a given release.

In fairness, many projects choose not to abuse nomenclature like this. Seeing announce messages saying ALPHA HAS GONE GOLD makes my skin crawl, too. Alphas are not gold anything.

It would be far more honest to just call this alpha 1.

- ajax